Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29, 2015- week 43- P-day in Poços de Caldas, Brazil!

MINHA AMADA FAMILIA!!

Great news for you all! After some 10 months of long, hard work, I have finally had my first baptism! Woohoo! His name is Edivaldo, and he truly was an elect of the Lord. We met him some two weeks ago when I got here. He is dating one of the members here and went to church with her for a bit and was interested. We went over there and taught him. He had some problems, especially with smoking, but I am still amazed that with all the courage he had, he quit smoking within two weeks. It was awesome to see someone progress so fast. I can see that he really does have a genuine desire to follow Christ, and I am truly blessed to have been able to help him learn more about the gospel and see him make the choice to be baptized.

Also, this week was absolutely crazy. I have never worked so hard on my mission. We were able to teach some 36 lessons during the week and for being as hard as this area is to navigate, I believe this to be a great feat.

On Monday, I completely destroyed my body when we played a little soccer with some guys at a park. I got a blister the size of a half dollar coin and then it ripped off, and I was super sore the whole week with my legs. And, our area is about an hour away from our house, walking.

Also, I literally have no money. I've spent it all coming here, and also on the necessities- food and transportation. I even took some money out of my bank account, but that did not suffice. My comp is paying for time here at the LAN house. This week, though, I will be receiving more money and also, I'll be sending off reimbursements.

Next bad thing is that I don't have any photos except for the ones my comp took because the batteries for my camera run out super fast and I don't have money to buy more. But don't worry- this week will be better. We have another baptism marked for this Sunday. I'll tell you guys all about it the next week.

Well, I hope you all have a great time in Utah! It's gonna be really fun! I love you all, and have a great week!

Your brother, son, and friend,
Elder Collins

PHOTOS

Baptism of Edivaldo

Baptism of Edivaldo

Baptism of Edivaldo

No comments:

Post a Comment