Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6, 2015- week 44- P-day in Poços de Caldas, Brazil!

Heya!

Well, another week here in Poços de Caldas done! Woo! Also, to my delight, we were able to baptize one more person on Sunday! His name is Adrien and he's 8 years old! He's really smart and understood really well the gospel and had the desire to be baptized. His mom is not a member, but is good friends with one of the members here in the Ward. She gave us this reference and we went over to their house and taught him and his family. He had already gone to church many times with this member, but never talked with the missionaries. It was a cool experience. And, he wanted me to baptize him, so I said okay! haha That was really neat. My first time baptizing someone, but hopefully not my last time.

We're getting pretty close with a lot of other people and baptism, but I don't know if we are going to have a baptism this week or the next. This week is gonna be super busy. Tomorrow, we have Zone meeting over in São João de Boa Vista, which is another city about an hour or so away from here. Then, on Thursday, we have interviews with the President in this same city again.

Man, I really don't have much money. I'm gonna have to take some money out of my personal account. I sent off my reimbursement letter, but I'm gonna have to wait until the next week (the earliest) to get it with my bi-weekly money. And, on top of that, my camera has broken. I was messing with my bag and it fell out onto the floor. Well, I never liked that camera anyways. It always ate up the batteries ridiculously fast and it wasn't very good quality.

Anyways, on Friday, I celebrated my 10 months on the mission! Woohoo! Only two more months until one whole year on the mission! Man, that's so crazy. For this celebration, I bought some pizza for my house. That night, the Zone Leaders stayed at our house because it was too late for them to go back to São João. That was the day they interviewed Adrien.

Well, I hope everything is going well over there in Utah! Tell everyone that I miss them and wish that I could be there! Until the next week!

Love,
Elder Collins

Photos

Baptism of Adrien

Baptism of Adrien


No comments:

Post a Comment