Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016- week 89 of 100- A conference with Elder Holland in Brazil!

Hey Guys!

So, this transfer is going pretty well so far. Yeah, I got to know Elder Moss pretty well up in Poços de Caldas. Now we have been reunited again! He's super cool, and yeah he's going home pretty soon. Don't worry, I'm working harder in this transfer than any other. 

Also, it seems as we keep coming across miracles every other day. We found a lot of cool people doing contacts, which a lot of them went to church on Sunday. That made me real happy. 

So, to answer your question, it's been a while since I've been called to help in a physical service project. I think the last time was in Capivari where we were helping to build our Branch President's house. Also, P-Day is usually a day of sleep and relaxation. Nothing too strenuous. My favorite P-Day activity till now, though, would have to be when I went to the Redentor in Poços de Caldas. That was super cool.

Also, speaking about Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, this past Saturday, we had the immense privilege in taking part of a conference in Campinas along with the Campinas mission that Elder Holland attended and spoke in. It was really cool to see him; I've always wanted to meet him. Unfortunately, it was late when we ended, so we didn't get to shake his hand, but he did blow us all a kiss. Haha. 

His words really inspired me. He talked about a lot of things, but one of my favorite things was about the Book of Mormon and how sometimes we neglect the importance of this holy book. He invited us to make a greater effort to help people be converted through the Book of Mormon.

Anyways, I hope you all have another great week!

Love,

Elder Collins


Fotos

Cleaning the baptismal font

Cleaning the font

Arcilia's baptism

Arcilia's baptism

Campinas area

Second to last transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment