Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016- week 82 of 100- Feliz Páscoa (Happy Easter) from Capivari, Brazil!

Feliz Páscoa!

Well, Imma be completely honest and say that I didn't know it was going to be Easter Sunday this Sunday that passed until like halfway through the week. I thought it was always supposed to be in April. Oh well, haha. Easter here in Brasil was pretty nice. We got lots of Chocolate eggs for Easter! Sounds like you guys all had a great Easter. :) I think this is the last holiday, besides the fourth of July, that I will have to celebrate on the mission.

So, this past week was definitely an interesting week. Now, I literally have no money, because I spent the last of it going up to Piracicaba twice again this week. There was the normal district meeting on Tuesday and another meeting with President on Thursday. 

I feel like this week has been a week of changes. I've discussed somethings with my companion of what we can do on our mission to be better missionaries and we have decided that we are going to change a lot of what we do. We are trying our best to be completely obedient in every aspect of the missionary life. So far, its gone pretty good and I can already feel the difference that it has made in my life. 

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be on the mission serving the Lord. I know that Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer. He loves each and every one of us in the most intimate and caring way. He knows how we feel and only wants to help us. His amazing sacrifice is one of great joy. It is because of Him that we can change. It is because of Him that we can enjoy the blessing of the Gospel and know of God's love for us. I'm also so grateful for a wonderful family such as you all. Thank you for the love and appreciation you show for me. It isn't always the easiest thing to continue on the mission. There have been a few times where I wanted so badly to give up and come home, but your love and motivation has helped me to work even harder.

I also received your guys' package! Thank you so much! I loved it! I have already shared a lot of the candies with my companion and some members. I also very much enjoyed the photos you guys included. Wow, Melissa and John are so tall! ESPECIALLY MELISSA! Sarah looks pretty much the same though, haha.

Unfortunately, this P-Day, I have to use the computers that don't allow for you to upload or download stuff, so I'll have to send you pictures next week.

My favorite scripture this week was D&C 122.

I love you guys and wish you all a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Collins
Feliz Páscoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment