Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016- week 75- Carnival and bacon in Brazil!

Hey Guys!

So this past week went by really fast! Also, I wasn't too sure that I was gonna be able to use the internet today. You see, Carnival is now the season here in Brazil! Everyone's partying and having a good time and there's not many places that are open here. We were afraid that we were gonna have to do P-Day on a different day. Not that that would've been a bad thing. Anyway, we were able to find this LAN house open. Not too bad prices.

Last week, we had our Zone meeting as the Piracicaba Zone. That same day, I came back to Capivari with our District Leader, Elder Schmitz, on Wednesday to do a division with him. This was his last area, so he had some people that he wanted to visit. We also visited some of my investigators. The day after, the other Elders were supposed to meet us here at Capivari, but they lost their bus, so we had to end the division kind of late.

On Friday, after a wonderful lunch with a member, I started having problems with my stomach. It was the first time in like 3 months that my gastritis had acted up. It's probably because I'm eating so much bacon. I finally found sliced bacon at a good price here and decided to buy it. It came in 1 kilo. So like 2,2 pounds of bacon! So good. But not healthy in the least.

So news about that little boy I mentioned last email. So, like I said, his dad a returning less-active. We've talked with the Branch President and the dad, and we're gonna help him so that he can be the one to baptize his son. Maybe towards the end of this month, the son'll be baptized. I think it's pretty cool.

Usually on P-Days (each Monday we have a 'Preparation' day), I use the internet for emails, then eat some sort of food for lunch (usually ''pastel'' which is a Brazilian food) then we go home, clean the house, and then sometimes we can watch a movie (like a Disney movie or cartoon) if we ask the mission President. Other times, I've written letters, or played games (like UNO, or War which is like Risk, and whatever the other companion has). It's our relaxed day until 18h when we go back to work. But, on Mondays it's usually like a Family Home Evening with a family. Those are always fun.

Okay, questions-
What has been your biggest challenge this week?
-I do believe the gastritis problems was a challenge for me.

What has been your biggest success this week?
-I think having 3 investigators was a big success.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
-The tender mercy was probably that my shower head was finally fixed so now I can have warm showers. haha

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
-Well, I mean I always look forward to church on Sunday, but I guess I'd have to say I'm looking forward to helping the dad and his son.

What scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
-2 Corinthians 5:6-7

Well, have a good week everyone!

Love,
Elder Collins

Photo
Zona Piracicaba!

No comments:

Post a Comment