Monday, February 15, 2016

February 15, 2016- week 76- Getting a tan?! in Capivari, Brazil!

Hey Family!

So, this week went by extremely fast and I am now tanner than ever (or at least my arms and face haha). It's getting pretty hot here cause there hasn't been rain in a while. 

So, this week we will have a baptism for two people! One is the little boy, and the other is one of the members' moms has finally decided that she wants to be baptized in the church. She's pretty old, but is really sweet. It was cool to be able to hear her story and why all of a sudden she wanted to join the church. I'll be sure to tell you guys next week after the baptism with photos. 

Also, about the photos- so like I'm forgetting a lot these days to take pictures. I promise I'll have some next week. Sorry :( 

We've been working a lot with the members and references that they've been giving. We visited this one dude last week who plays the drums really well and works with one of the members. Since Elder Harbison is a drum player and absolutely LOVES drums and music, the dude got along very well with us and especially Harbison. He said he really wants to visit our church one of these days, so we can totally work with him.

Also, this is the last week of this transfer. I'm not sure what'll happen with me, but there is a pattern with Capivari. Basically: Capivari is an all-American area and you only get two transfers here before getting transferred out. I really don't want to leave because Capivari is one of my favorite areas. Also, I love being comps with Harbison. We get along really well. I guess we'll all see next week with my email.

Have a great one all of you! I know Valentine's Day passed for you guys, so I hope it was enjoyable. Valentine's Day here isn't until June 12th, so I still gotta while haha.

Love,

Elder Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment