Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015- week 66- Napoleon Dynamite connection with NEW area and companion in Capivari, Brazil!

Hey Fam Bam!

Well, I am now in the little city called Capivari. My companion is Elder Lloyd. He is from Preston, Idaho (where the movie Napoleon Dynamite was filmed; yes he went to the same school) and is on the mission one more transfer than me. He's from my graduation class- 2014! He's pretty sweet and my new companion knows how to cook really well. My favorite companions have always been Americans and we already get along pretty darn well. Also, to answer your question, I am no longer a District Leader. But that's okay. I learned a lot of stuff from being a leader and have improved a lot on maturity as a missionary. 

Two of my good friends from the mission have all ready passed here, so it was cool to know that I was gonna come here too. So, it's just us two here in Capivari. I think the people who bought our current house were imagining that there were gonna be four missionaries in the house, because it's absolutely huge. At least I think it is in comparison with some other houses I've lived in and seen. We each have our own bathroom and there is a bedroom that we use for storing our bags. Yes, no more having to put them under my bed. 

The branch is pretty cool. There is about 60 members that go every week. One of the past weeks was the Branch Conference and they were able to get an attendance of more than 100 people. 

Also, I was called to be the new Branch pianist. Dang it. I thought I could escape. Everyone was so happy when they saw me sit down and start to play piano. Seriously. You know the usual chatter there is before the Sacrament meeting starts? Well, I sat down on the bench and turned on the piano and all of a sudden the chatter quieted down and I started to play piano. Everyone was watching me. Haha. Good stuff. 

We visited a lot of people this week and began teaching the boyfriend of one of the members who is really interested in the church and wants to change his life. We've taught him two times and he is preparing to be baptized on the 19th of December. Pretty cool! We only had one investigator at church on Sunday. We have a lot of investigators, but they all had work or other stuff to do. 

The members here are super sweet. I felt very welcome here in the area and I don't think there's anyone who didn't greet me. This was cool as I have passed in too many areas where the members ignored the missionaries. 

Sounds like everyone is having a good time over there in Italy. Yes, you are right, only a couple more weeks until Christmas and then the best present I could get from you guys- a skype call! Speaking of presents, I received another package from you guys! Woohoo! I love you so much! I was very surprised to see the package. I was thinking I was gonna get it later. Thank you for the candy and food, the SD card and USB pen drive (wow 32GB!!), and also the book (btw please don't worry, but the book that you got me wasn't exactly the book that I asked for, but nonetheless I'm liking it quite a bit). 

Well, I hope you all have another great week of December. It is now that time of the year where I play Christmas music every day until December 25th.

Love you all,

Elder Matthew Collins


Lots and lots of Photos!

Saying goodbye.

This kid.

My twelfth planner.

#ChristmasEdition

These dudes! Elders Arnson and King

Elder Pereira!

Ur mur gursh Elder Stone!

Ganhei uma caixa! (I got a box.)

Yes, I love my family!

That would be Elder Lloyd (new companion).

This is basically Capivari.

Most of the Zone Piracicaba.

Yup, Capivari's got a "Cristo".

Lots of farm land.

No comments:

Post a Comment