Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14, 2015- week 67- P-day in Capivari, Brazil!

Hey guys!

Well, this past week went by pretty fast. I still can't believe that Christmas is next week! It's so different here. There aren't as many decorations, if any, so it's just a little bit harder to sing "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." haha So, this Sunday was the Branch's Primary Program! My second to last Sunday in the ward at Piracicaba was also the Primary Program there. And now our ward in Italy just had the Primary Program too! Sweet! Unfortunately, I have not been able to watch the Christmas Devotional yet. I'll have to check it out.

So, this week we will be having the baptism of an 11 year old girl who has been going to church for quite some time. She's pretty excited for this Saturday. We had planned the baptism for a different person, but we postponed it so that his girlfriend could go to it too. Both of the investigators are super receptive and really looking for a better life. It's always so cool to see people like them.

Also, we have a Mission Christmas Conference that will be going on this Thursday for this part of the mission.

Well, as Brasil now enters Summer, the sun's burning flames just get hotter and hotter. There's not much we can do about that, so I wouldn't be so surprised if I came home with skin cancer haha. jk
I have not yet gotten all of the information on where and when I will be calling you guys on Skype. Just know that it'll be on Christmas Day and after lunch. This week, we'll settle all the details and stuff.

I hope you guys are all having a great time and preparing to ride first class to Florida for Christmas. Man...I remember how awesome it was to go to the States in luxury.
Well, talk soon.

Love,
Elder CollinsP.S. There is this one supermarket in our area called Covabra that has a section with imported foods. I found pancake mix and maple syrup, but it's SUPER expensive haha. I think my companion is thinking about buying the maple syrup for Christmas. haha



Photos

Almost back in Florida-only 7 months!

Capivari, Brazil

Pancake mix here is almost $16 a box!

Maple syrup here is almost $16 a bottle!




No comments:

Post a Comment