Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015- week 56- P-day in Poços de Caldas, Brazil!

Hey family!

So yeah, this past week I was still a little sick and all. I'm still coughing some, but at least I'm not in the hospital haha. This week went by pretty fast as well.

So, on Tuesday after the District meeting, I did a split with the Zone Leader Elder Carter (who will be going home in some 3 weeks). It was pretty cool to work with him. Anyways, we found this really cool family too. We were knocking on doors and entered this one house. We found out that the dude was an inactive member of our church and that he also went on a mission. Actually, he went to the CTM (Missionary Training Center) and then one day before he went out into the mission field, he had to go back home to help his dad that later passed away. Some stupid people said some stupid stuff, and he stopped going to church. He helped the missionaries a lot when he was active, but then for some 15 years didn't do anything with the church. My comp and I knocked on his door and said that we were an answer to his prayers. He told us he had been talking with his wife about baptizing his son, because he hadn't been baptized yet. The next day we knocked on their door. Nice. Also, this dude is an opera singer. He's so cool. I like him a lot. On Sunday he went to church for the first time in 15 years. It was really neat to see him there. We'll be working with him these next couple of weeks.

The rest of the week went by really fast. We knocked lots of doors and met lots of new people. And, it was really hot this whole week right until Sunday when it started to rain and cool down a lot.

Something I was thinking. It's gonna be really weird for me to do laundry when I get back to the States. Here, they don't have dryers (or they do, but it's super expensive because of the initial cost for the machine but also for electricity) so we have to hand dry our clothes on clothes lines. I'm so used to doing it. There was also a time when our washing machine broke so I had to hand wash and dry wash my clothes. Ah, the experiences of the mission.

Also, I am SUPER excited for Aaron having gotten his mission call to California- Vietnamese speaking! I've been waiting for a while to hear this haha. It's too bad I won't be able to see him for some time though.

Well, there's not much else to the week. Thanks for all the emails. I hope you all have another great week!

Love,
Elder Collins


Photos

Lunch at a member's house.

District Meeting!!

Poços de Caldas

That's a sweet view.

That's the city.

Brasilian sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment