Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Septermber 9, 2015- week 53- new District Leader in Poços de Caldas, Brazil!

Well, first things first- I'M NOT DEAD! For this week, President moved P-Day to today (Wednesday). haha So yeah. Well, there have been quite a few changes for me. Also, this past week and a half has been pretty crazy. 

So last Monday, for P-Day, we decided to finally visit the Cristo statue here in Poços de Caldas. It was so awesome! Spectacular view at a completely different perspective of the city. A member took us up there in a car. I've attached lots of photos for you guys this week. We also went to this one giant rock formed by lava many years ago called "Pedra Balão". I didn't know that though- that Poços de Caldas is built on an inactive volcano.

Anyways, Tuesday was a regular day. We went to one member's house to have a family home evening with them, and they were making glass. It was really cool. You remember when we went to Venice- Murano, and they were blowing glass? Well, it's kinda like that, but small scaled. They use glass sticks and make small creations with them like birds or horses, just stuff like that. He let me and Elder Stone try for ourselves. 

For Wednesday we were going to have a Zone conference, but it was postponed until Thursday. We went and visited one of our investigators that is really close to baptism. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted for the 12th of September. We're gonna work real hard with her to realize that this Saturday. 

On Thursday, we had our Zone conference in São João. Also, that day I celebrated my official one year mark on the mission! Woohoo! This past year has easily been the fastest year of my life. And the most rewarding. At the Zone conference, there were three others with me that were one year old on the mission- Elder Arnson, Elder Heviton, and Sister Vasquez. We bought a cake and soda for the whole zone to celebrate. 

The rest of the week was pretty fast, and we taught some other people and Elder Stone did two more baptismal interviews. Nothing big and different. 

Also, it's been raining a WHOLE TON over here in Poços. It's been a while since it's rained so much. But I'm sure it's a good thing. 

Now comes the interesting part. We got a call on Sunday saying that we would have another Zone conference on Monday and that P-Day would be postponed from Monday until Wednesday. That is why I didn't email you on Monday. 

We went to São João a second time and we had our meeting. At the end, they announced the results of the transfers. Elder Moss and Elder Stone, my companion, (who were living with me) both left. Elder Moss became a District Leader and Elder Stone is now a Zone Leader for our Zone. Elder Francato became a trainer. Also, I became the new District Leader for Poços de Caldas! What the? Did that really just happen? Well, I'm kinda nervous, but I know with the Lord's help everything is possible. Any advice? Were you ever a DL dad? haha It's a good thing I've been living with District leaders for the past 6 months. 

Also, after more than a year on the mission in Brasil, I finally got a Brasilian companion. His name is Elder Pereira. He's from Goias and has 10 months on the mission. 

This transfer is defenitely gonna be a different one from all the rest. Well, thank you all for the emails! Have a great week for everyone!

Love,
Elder Collins


Pictures


My new comp- Elder Pereira!


"O Cristo".

That view tho.

That's Poços for ya.

It's kinda big.

That's me on a rock.

Pão de Queijo and cevada, all home made.

I melted some glass sticks here.

One year old missionaries.

The zone conference with cake!

Baptismal interview for the Sisters.

That's my old shirt with areas served, months, and companions.

That's the shirt on fire.. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment