Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 14, 2015- week 45- P-day in Poços de Caldas, Brazil!

Hey Family!

How's it going? So, this week for me was pretty busy. On Wednesday, we went to a city about an hour away called São João for Zone meeting. Another 25 Reals gone. It was good though and they got us hyped for working hard the next several weeks. 

Then, on Friday, we went back to São João for interviews with President Canuto. It was really nice to talk to him again. It's been about three months, but we got to talk about how my mission was going and all that great stuff. The only bad part was that my body decided it wasn't going to like the cookies and bananas that I ate that morning on the bus. I got to the city feeling really bad with a terrible stomach ache. I couldn't focus on anything. After a while, I had to go to the bathroom where I proceeded to throw up what I had eaten that morning. Ugh. 5 minutes after that, I was called in for my interview. haha great timing. My comp and LZ gave me a blessing though so I started to feel better. I even went to Burger King for lunch afterwards. One of the missionaries gave me some coupons for BK, so I decided to give myself a present. It was pretty good. 

Anyways, besides having to go slow during the week for recooperation, it was pretty good. This week, the other Elders of Poços de Caldas had a baptism. It was this one guy who had come from Peru to be here with his girlfriend (who is a member). This dude is legit. He speaks 5 languages (unfortunately, Portuguese is not included haha, he's learning though) and has lived in countries all over the world. This upcoming week might bring some fruits. There is this one boy that we're teaching who's brother is a member. He's already gone to church several times and knows everything, but he doesn't feel super prepared. We're gonna have his baptismal interview this week, and hopefully he will say yes to baptism this Sunday. We shall see.

Thank you for sending me off a birthday package! Also, thank you for the money. Poços de Caldas is a tourist city, so everything is a little more expensive here.

Sounds like you all are having a great time over in Utah and now Idaho. Haha, wow Dad, you saying that you can't wait to take me to BYU next year is making me kind of trunky, haha. Can't wait to be with all you next year, but until then I'm having a blast here in Brasil speaking PORTUGUESE with BRASILIANS! Have a great week all!

Love,
Elder Collins


PHOTOS

Kite Flying

This ball I bought

That's Poços alright

This Bolivian dude

The entrance

The chapel at São João

No comments:

Post a Comment