Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015- week 30- Transfer day!- Will he go or stay in Sumaré, Brazil?

BOM DIA FAMILIAAAA


So, this week was the last week of transfer number 4!!! It was a good week. I know you guys are all waiting to hear about transfers. AND SO AM I. They decided that from now on they want ALL the missionaries to pack up and at night time like 21h they're gonna tell us all who got transferred, and who will be staying. *sigh* I really want to know, but nothing to tell you guys. I have a feeling that I will finally be transferred, but if I don't get transferred, I won't be upset or anything. Actually, I'd be pretty content as long as I get to stay with Elder Maxwell. Anyways, it's been a while since I've touched my suitcases haha. I cannot even count how many spiders I found hiding on my bags. Too many. 

This week, though, we were actually able to mark 2 baptisms for Saturday (last Saturday). They were super excited to get baptized, but then their mom refused to sign the paper. She said she felt they weren't ready for baptism. NOOOOO! They both passed the baptismal interviews, but their mom is from a different church, and I think she still wants them to frequent her church. The two investigators are the two girls I was talking about- Andrielli and Adria. Aged, 15 and 16 respectively. They're super cool, but I don't know if I'll be here for their baptisms. They've gone to church for the past 3 weeks and every Monday we have Noite Familiar with them and a family here. They really like the church and especially the members. They also have a cousin named Tamara who wants to be baptized too. The only problem is that she works every Sunday, so we're working with her to find a new job so that she can go to church. She goes to all the Noites Familiares too. 

Yes, General Conference! I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE. This is gonna be so awesome. I don't know why, but ever since I got on my mission, I've started to really love every chance we have to hear the Apostles and Prophet speak. I never even realized how great of a privilege it actually is. I will definitely tell you guys my favorite talks.

As for transfers, this should be exciting for you guys! Oh, and for me too, although it won't affect me as much as it will you guys. My guess is that you guys will be leaving for England too! Btw, have fun up there for Spring Break. I'm sad that I won't be able to go with you guys, but I'm happy being here in Brazil. Besides, none of you have been here yet! Hah! I definitely recommend it though! A pretty sweet country, I'd say. Even better if you know what they're saying or what the billboards and posters say haha.

Well, have a great week everyone, and next week I will let you guys know where I am. Whether it be here, or some other place. Also! Next month I get to talk to you guys again!! (Mother's Day) It feels like it was just the other day, but I'm still excited!! Talk to you soon!

Love you all,

Elder Collins


P.S.  I wouldn't trade the time I've been here in Brazil for anything. There has been a lot that has gone on here, some stuff that has left me sad or angry, but no way would I trade this time for anything else. Most definitely the mission has made an impact on my life. There is so much that I've learned here. Not only about the gospel, which I have (ask Dad about how much he learned about the Gospel on the mission, I promise you he will say the same thing as me), but I've also learned a lot about me. I can focus a lot better than before the mission too haha, something that Mom and Dad will probably be happy that's changed. 


Foto

Last district photo of the transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment