Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015- week 21- P-day in Sumaré, Brazil!

Hey, It's me again!!

Well, this week was definitely a changer from the past few weeks. We taught SO MANY LESSONS. It was crazy. I didn't even realize what we could do. Needless to say, this week was exhausting. Good thing today is P-Day, and I can relax.  We brought this family with three kids to church yesterday and I think they want to get baptized. We're going to their house later this week to say hi. 

Well, last week on Thursday, we had another Multi-zona. You guys probably don't remember, but my second week in the field, we had one. And, now I had my second one! It was great! Also, it was probably my third time wearing my suit coat out in the field. Haha, we don't ever wear our suits because it's just too darn hot to ever wear even just the regular white shirt and tie. I had to brush off some dust with the roller before putting it on. 

At the Multi-zona, Presidente Canuto came and talked to us all, along with all the secretaries, treasurers, and assistants. Oh, and can't forget- the lovely Sister Canuto. During the last part of the conference, we got to see part of the "Meet the Mormons" film, in Portuguese of course. But, I really liked it, and encourage all those who want to know a little bit more about "the Mormons" to watch it. I especially liked the last part that talks about missionaries and follows this one guy as he puts in his papers, gets the call, then goes to Africa! 

Overall, this week flew by so fast. Elder Chipana had his birthday on Tuesday, so we had a little celebration. Yesterday, I was frying some french fries, and I dropped one of the fries. The burning oil splattered up and covered my right middle finger. It kind of hurt. Still kind of hurts. A lot. Don't worry, I did everything I needed to, but I remember just staring at my finger for a couple seconds and thinking- dang it...Anyways, I'm sure it'll heal soon. That's it for this week and I look forward to the next!

Love always,

Elder Collins

PICTURE (sorry, I only was able to take one this week haha)

Arnson, Maxwell, and I reunited again at the Multi-zona!


P.S.  Also, while I have eaten most of the food you guys sent me, I have not eaten ALL of it. I still have one more box of mac and cheese and some candy canes. I wish I could get some more swedish fish, sour patch kids, and gummy lifesavers. I guess American food in general is what I miss. I miss the fast food places. 

P.P.S.  One thing that I don't miss at all from being gone is homework. Here, we don't have any homework!! Yipee!! haha But there are a lot of things I do miss. I miss music a lot. The kind I listened too at least. Also, using the internet and playing minecraft. I wish I could use facebook! haha Anyways, yeah, I miss Sunday naps too...

No comments:

Post a Comment