Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015- week 18- P-day in Sumaré, Brazil!

Hey Familia!

Espero que todos vocês tenham um ano muito feliz! This past week was kind of slow. You remember last week when I told you I was feeling sick? Well it actually started a while back with a really bad pain in my jaw and ear. I felt terrible, but got better. Then last Sunday, after eating lunch at a member's house, I felt really sick. We went home and stayed in for the rest of the day. It was like that on Monday too. We still went out and did our P-Day, then went to see some of our investigators. We weren't able to contact any of them, so we went home. I remembered that I brought a thermometer from home before I came out here, so I used it. I had a fever of 101 degrees Fahrenheit! The next day, we went to UPA (Unidade de Pronto Atendimento) which has such an ironic name, because it is actually NOT quick attendance. We were there waiting for about an hour and then I was told to go get some drugs. We went and got them and I took them. These days I was sick, I mainly stayed in bed and slept. I cannot believe how much I sweat the last day! That is the most I have EVER sweat from sleeping. It wasn't because it was hot or anything (or maybe it was a little) but man, the fever left me!

Anyways, my New Years was pretty normal. There was literally no one outside the following day, so it was hard to work. We were able to visit a less-active, but that's pretty much it. There was a lot of fireworks at midnight though! It was a lot like Italy, just not as many. But, leading up to New Years, starting before Christmas, there's been fireworks going off all the time. It was just the climax that was at midnight. There's still been some straggler fireworks here and there haha. 

On January 3rd, I turned 4 months old on the mission!! Yeah! It's kind of weird to think that I'm already 1/6 of the way through my mission. Holy Cow! Also, transfers are tomorrow, but I'm staying here. I am also staying with the same companion- Elder Holder. The only missionary moving from our house is Elder Murray. He's been here for a transfer and two weeks, and he's going to be a Zone leader in one of the areas far south west. I can't remember where exactly, but I know his companion Elder D. Silva who was our Zone leader here for a transfer. He's a pretty funny guy, but a really hard worker. Well, another transfer here! 

Well, thank you all for the emails, letters, and packages that are on their way! I think we might get mail on Wednesday, since people will be going to Piracicaba tomorrow and there's a zone meeting on Wednesday. Until the next week!

Elder Collins


Elder Chipana is sad because Elder Murray is leaving.

We had a churrasca with the Bishop and some of the members!

Us waiting for the fireworks!

You can barely see anything, but some of the fireworks.

Elder Holder and I waiting out another rain storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment