Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015- week 22- P-day in Sumaré, Brazil!

Hey!! 

This week went by so fast! There wasn't anything really big or special that happened this week, just the usual. On Sunday, there was a Stake Conference that we all went to. It was really cool! President and Sister Canuto were both there and talked. There was also an Area Seventy there. Everyone gave really good talks. 

It was really hot this week too, good thing people are nice enough to offer us water. I guess my favorite part of the week was when we were stopped by some young adults and they asked us a lot of questions about what we believed. They also asked us a lot of questions about the United States, because we're American. They were really funny too, and wanted to meet up with us again. They wanted to know when they could see us in regular clothes too haha. We told them that to be able to see us in regular clothes outside of our house, we had to be doing a service project, so they were trying to see if they could get us to paint one of their houses haha. They were pretty cool. 

We also decided to order pizza and have it delivered to our house (the pizza place opens up late and we have to be in our house by 9pm, so delivery is the best option here). It was kind of expensive, but it was pretty good. Doesn't compare to American pizza, but hey what else are we gonna do here?

As for things I've learned this week- I've learned a lot more Portuguese vocabulary. I decided to actually study some words to increase the amount of words I know, and so I'll share with you the word I've used most this week- Pipoca. It means Pop Corn. On all the pop corn bags it says pop corn, but everyone just calls it pipoca. Now you know! 

Well, there isn't too much to tell. I forgot to take more pictures this week, but I'll really try this week to take more. Thanks for all the emails! Talk to you soon!

Love,
Elder Collins

P.S.  My week has been pretty normal, but the next transfer is in two weeks. I have a feeling I'm going to stay here in Sumaré, but with a different companion. I dunno, we'll see pretty soon I guess haha.

P.P.S.  For lunch today, we decided to go to McDonald's. It's pretty expensive, but it was pretty good. 


This one tree Elder Holder told me to climb. haha

Whoops- photo for Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment