Monday, July 4, 2016

July 4, 2016- weeks 95 and 96 of 100- 4 weeks left in Brazil!

(***Disclaimer- there was no blog post last week because we were on a week long cruise, so two weeks are combined into one today! Enjoy!)

July 4, 2016

Hey Family!

It's me, your son and brother!

Only 4 WEEKS LEFT!!!

So, I don't have much time to write right now because we're gonna be going to a zone churrasco with all the missionaries from my zone. but, real quick- this week I worked super hard. We knocked lots of doors and talked with lots of people and also taught lots of lessons. 

We might have a baptism in a little bit of a girl who is always going to church. we're gonna teach her this week.
 
Alright, well i gotta now. I'll see if I can get back on later tonight to send photos and respond to the emails. 

Love you all,
Elder Collins

Hey guys! I have a little time now, so I'll send you guys some pics. Here they are:

Photos

The chapel here in my area Anhanguera.

My comp Elder Dellon.

Some elders from my Zone.

Falta pouco...

 I forgot that today is the 4th of July until I saw Elder Payne's tie... haha



June 27, 2016

Hello family!

So, this week does not go on the wall for one of the best of the mission. Nossa. I stayed with the Zone Leaders Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday. Wednesday, we had District Meeting. 

Anyways, on Monday, we had a churrasco at a member's house. It was really good, but then Tuesday morning, I woke up and had to run to the bathroom where I puked out my brains and then had massive diarrhea. haha Not fun. It was like the whole day. Every time I tried to eat something, I threw it back out. UGH. It got better on Wednesday, on so on, but I still have diarrhea. It's not an enjoyable experience, and it certainly is not helping me to want to work. Agh, SatanĂ¡s! 

Despite these my problems, we were able to work half the week once we got back to our house. 

Anyways, my new companion is Elder Dellon. He's got 3 months on the mission and is from Pernambuco (the northeast of Brasil). He's pretty cool. A little quiet and shy, but he's got lots of potential. There's still lots for me to teach him and help him. 

As for flight itinerary, I still don't know. 

Last transfer, Elder Moss got his itinerary like halfway through the transfer. Just know that I'll be home on August 2nd. 

Also, I don't know when I'll meet the new President. I believe that this week is President Canuto's last week to be here in the mission. I haven't gotten the "Correio do Peixe" today (the weekly newsletter of the mission) so I have no idea of what's going to happen.

Well, I hope you all have a great week whether it be on the cruise or in Florida or wherever!
SEE YOU IN 5 WEEKS!!!

Love,
Elder Collins

Photos

Elder Moss' death. 

Our last cheesecake together.

Saying goodbye to these guys. 

Saying goodbye to Moss.

Division with Elder Azevedo.

This guy is my new comp.

Festa Junina at the chapel.

No comments:

Post a Comment