Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015- week 62- Rainy days in Piracicaba, Brazil!

Hey Family!

So, this week of 5 days went by really fast. It rained a ton. Too much, I'd say. My Bible got soaked. Ugh This is my third Bible that has been soaked by rain. The members here will be going to the temple the next week, so I'll give some money to one of the members to go and buy a new Bible, a Book of Mormon, and some other stuff. But seriously. Man. 

Anyways, besides the wet days here, we've been able to teach a lot of people. We're still searching for the elect. There's a lot of people here who go to church, but we're gonna have to work harder. Also, as we are from the same ward and eat lunch together everyday, I see Elder Holder pretty much every day. Every time we see him, we tell him how many days he has left. I think it's so weird that when I got on the mission he had like 8 months. Now, he has almost 2 years. Time sure does fly by.

Also, not to scare you guys or anything, but I'm pretty sure I've contracted athlete's foot or ringworm or something like that. I had to stay in house on Saturday because I couldn't walk much. Don't worry though, it's healing and going away. It was weird though. I woke up one day and it was there. Kinda like from "The Other Side of Heaven" when the guy wakes up and his feet are bleeding. I was just like "WHAT IS THIS??" Well, just another experience to my awesome mission in Brasil.

Okay, so to answer your question as well as Melissa's- Something I'm needing is a usb and another sd card. You see, with more than 1,500 photos and videos I don't have any more space on my card. I was thinking of getting a usb and then placing all the photos on that or maybe just sending you guys the card with all the photos on it. Maybe I could send a letter or something. I dunno. But yeah, the usbs and sd cards here are expensive and I don't have enough money to buy one and then keep on with two weeks on low funds. Just a thought. Also, I loved the pop-tarts you sent me.

Well, thanks for the emails! Hope you all have another great week! I'm already half-way through with my first transfer here in Piracicaba. I was actually thinking about how many transfers I have left. Everyone has 17 transfers on the mission. After this transfer, I only have 5 more. Wow. Time goes by so darn fast.

Love,
Elder Collins

Photos




No comments:

Post a Comment