Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015- week 59- Received transfer to Piracicaba, Brazil!

Hey family!

Well, Transfers have come through and I am now going to Piracicaba! Also, my neck hurts- sunburn. Well, it's been a great three transfers here in Poços de Caldas. I will definitely miss this place, and the people, and the sights. This will definitely be a city I will return to after the mish. Anyways, it's time for me to leave, and I've always wanted to go to Piracicaba. My comp will be another Brasilian! YES. His name is Elder Rodriguez. I've already met him at multizonas, but I'm pretty excited. 

So, good news. We had another baptism this week! His name is Natanael. This is the guy that we met a week and a half ago. It was a really neat experience. My companion Elder Pereira baptized him. After he was baptized, we asked him his feelings and he commented: "Now, I feel like I'm a part of a family that I never had".

We had originally planned for the baptism to be on Sunday, but there was an activity for the Elders Quorum where we hiked to a waterfall here in Poços. It was awesome, but unfortunately I did not bring my camera. Also, it got up to 40 degrees celsius. Whatever that is in Fahrenheit. But it was hot and my whole neck, face, and arms were burnt to a plump red. It hurts to move my neck. Oh well. 

Anyways, when we got back from the hike, we all had a churrasco. Pretty delish. Natanael was there too and one of the members asked us why the baptism wasn't going to be then and there. We thought about it, asked Natanael, then we baptized him right there. On Sunday, I confirmed him a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

I guess I'll end my email here. There isn't much to say. I'm pretty excited for this upcoming transfer! Thank you all for the emails. Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Collins

Photos


What's he looking at?
That's a giant head.

Paleta Mexicanas are delish.

This dude.

Natanael right next to a red hot chili pepper...(that's me)

5 Baptisms in Poços!

Esses gatos esperando para LAN house abrir.

No comments:

Post a Comment