Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015- week 51- P-day in Poços de Caldas, Brazil!

Hey all!!

Whoah, that's awesome that a family will be baptized over there in the Caserta ward in Italy! That's interesting. I remember one time I left with the Elders in Italy, we went and taught a family where the dad was from New York and the mother Italian with two daughters. 

So, yup- this past Sunday, we baptized our investigator Fladenilton!! It was a super neat experience. We did it before church because he couldn't do it after church. We woke up at 6:00am to head over to the church and clean the baptismal font and then fill it up. At 8:40am, we had the baptismal service. It was really spiritual. The day before, he had asked me if I could baptize him and so I did. When we were changing clothes he kept telling me that being baptized was the best thing that he ever did. He told me it was the happiest day of his life. That was really cool to hear, but then I realized that I had forgotten to bring another shirt...so I wore a soaking wet shirt to church haha. 

Anyways, this week went by SUPER fast. I don't even know how many times I've told you guys that haha, but it's so true. The mission is flying by. I went on splits this past Tuesday with one of our Zone Leaders- Elder Sanchez. You guys might recognize that name. He was my District Leader over in Sumaré. That was a good day. We even taught this one dude who hadn't been baptized yet. The lesson was really powerful and he told us that this was what he was looking for. The only thing was that he said he was leaving for Rio the past Friday. And wasn't going to return until the end of this year. Bummer.

My comp Elder Stone also did another baptismal interview for the Sisters in Conjunto (the branch here in Poços). Right before the interview, President Canuto had a Zone conference with us over the phone. He talked a lot about the baptisms that were happening and also a little on what Elder Costa had to say about our mission. It was cool.

Well, that's pretty much all the big things that happened during the week. Thanks again for all the emails!

Love,
Elder Collins


FOTOS

Baptism!

Interview with the Sisters.

Stop playing with my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment